Saturday 9 October 2010

nearly two months on...


Funny how what was such a faff before is now history - the wedding was perfect, the bridesmaid's dresses found and a wonderful day had by all.

Now on to the next thing. Amy is having chemo now and is on day 3 - so far, so good. She has having plenty of visitors and I have been getting her pj's from primark. The docs are now saying that this is leukemia, so that's it now - she joins the ranks of cancer sufferers (one in three?) and yet, she is still Amy, not a disease.

I have been making Christmas cards for the gallery - found some super little beads and sequins in save the children shop - 50p a packet and nicer than Paper chase. I am thinking more subtle rather than in yer face santa fest. So far so good.

It's great to have a creative outlet and hnelps me to stop being simply a worried mama.

4 comments:

Admin said...

God Bless Amy.... love and prayers for you and your family at what I'm sure is a scary time. What a beautiful bride! her dress is gorgeous xx

Lorna May said...

Wishing you strength and sending you love at this time. X

Thecraftytrundler said...

What a beautiful daughter, you must be so proud of her!!
Sending all my love, and positive vibes to you all!
Hugs ((( )))

Sharon xx

Annabel said...

she is so much in my thoughts - I have bought a picture of two lovely girls which reminds me of my two. I will give it to my surviving daughter Rosie x

Post a Comment