Thursday 10 June 2010

rushing ahead


It's been a while but then it's been a very hectic couple of weeks. I am dealing with daughter Amy's illness which is rare and scary - MDS. She needs a bone marrow transplant so that brings a whole lot of other thoughts which I really am trying to process just now.

Meanwhile, my sanity is staying on course with crafting. Knitting, to be precise. I have a view of the kind of thing I want to do but it's not quite working out. Still, the process of knitting is helping calm the nerves. Apparently according to an article that my OH found, we now do way too much multi tasking and this is not good! It means, as the brain is so wired, that when we stop we get fidgetty and bored as we are constantly in some kind of hyper state. I thought it was just me!

Maybe we need to abandon multi tasking and focus on one thing at a time, which sounds comfortingly old fashioned. I may just give it a go!

My favourite flower meadow picture sold yesterday, which I am glad about, but will do another similar one.

Now I have to go to the dentist for root canal treatment. Life is such a bundle of fun!!!

2 comments:

SDCrafts said...

I am glad you have your craft & knitting to get you through the darker days, Annabel. May the bone marrow transplant some along in timely fashion, when you are able to focus your thoughts and feelings towards your daughter, an she is able to benefit greatly, bless her.

Meanwhile, take it easy after that horrid dental work.

Annabel said...

Ah thanks. Yes, it is going to be an ordeal and she is so brave. But nobody should have to face this at such a tender age.

Post a Comment